The IT Director’s role is to ensure the streamlined operation of the IT department in alignment with the business objectives of the organization. The IT Director will plan, coordinate, direct and design IT-related activities of the organization, as well as provide administrative direction and support for daily departmental operational activities. The IT Director will work closely with decision makers to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. The IT Director will also define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Lead the IT department’s operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
2. Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all Corporate and Restaurant IT systems, including telecommunications, network, user access, Hardware, Software, POS, BOH, Kiosks, restaurant production system, security camera, etc.
3. Benchmark, analyze, report on and make recommendations for the improvement and growth of the IT infrastructure and IT systems.
4. Manage financial aspects of the IT department, including purchasing and budgeting.
5. Responsible for all third-party relationships, and field technicians.
6. Develop business case justifications and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
7. Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for PCI Compliance, security, disaster recovery, standards, and purchasing.
8. Help Desk responsibilities, SLA’s, process documentation.
9. Responsible for Google Apps Email, Drive, Websites, and Paperless office administration.
10. Oversee and Troubleshoot internet and telephone connections for all restaurants and business offices.
11. Provide IT Direction for all Hospitality Restaurant Group companies, restaurants, and locations including offices in Traverse City, Ann Arbor, Syracuse, and Tennessee.
12. Other duties as assigned.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
1. Relationship Management
(supervisors, subordinates, support customers, 3rd party vendors)
2. Technical Capacity
3. Problem Solving
5. Time Management
6. Communication Proficiency
9. Attention to Detail
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the performance management and hiring of the employees within that department. Also, oversees and prepares the work done in the field and manages 3rd party vendors.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers, smartphones, and other equipment necessary to install, uninstall, and repair electronics in the restaurants.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and move up to 50 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work/Travel
This is a full-time position and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position regularly requires long hours and occasional night / weekend work as job duties demand. Occasional overnight travel is required.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor’s Degree in computer related field and/or 6 years relevant experience.
2. Requires special technical knowledge of the techniques and procedures of software and network support for multiple users.
3. Multi-Unit Restaurant, Retail, or Hospitality industry experience preferred.
4. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
5. Must be a team player.
6. Must be able to work independently.
We offer a full comprehensive compensation package
Qualified applicants should send resume, including salary requirements to:
Hospitality Restaurant Group
Attn: Kayla Francis
745 South Garfield Ave Suite A
Traverse City, MI 49686